Domestic AssistantApply now
We are looking for a domestic assistant to join our team at Richden Park Care Home, a purpose-built residential care home with 52 beds and staff trained in a range of specialist care, including end of life and respite care.
- To manage and oversee the documentation of the Home regarding all matters of Laundry including Risk Assessment.
- To be responsible for all matters involved with Laundry within the Home.
- To ensure a high standard of day-to-day cleanliness, washing and ironing, is maintained within the Home.
- To be an Advocate of The Home.
- To work closely with and report regularly to the Housekeeper.
- To present a professional image at all times.
- To maintain own professional development as appropriate to role.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Guidelines for Laundry taking into account Standard 26 of the National Minimum Standards Act 2000.
- When working in the laundry Infection Control measures must be complied with at all times, gloves and aprons must be worn for loading dirty/soiled linen into machines.
- Ensure cuts are covered with suitable plaster/dressing.
- Infected/soiled linen to be collected and laundered in Red Alginate bags.
- Ensure pockets have been checked to avoid unwanted items going through the laundry process.
- To attend Job Review meeting and take any action resulting from the review as agreed.
- Ensure familiarisation with Elm Park’s Policies and Procedures.
- All breakages and breakdowns to be reported to the Home Manager or Person-in-Charge immediately to ensure any necessary action can be taken.
- Any clothing repairs to be undertaken or reported to Key worker or family.
- Check clothing is marked with Service Users name to avoid loss or wrongly placed items.
- Machines and floor to be cleaned daily.
- Check outlet exhaust from Tumble Driers ensuring blockages are avoided.
- Maintain and control purchasing procedure and ensuring adequate stock of all detergents are available. Detergents are fed where applicable via auto-dosing system automatically and this must be checked daily to ensure blockages are avoided.
- Ensure equipment Rolator/Press, Machines etc.) is maintained and in good working order.
- Audit and report findings of quality if linen, towels etc at a minimum of every 3 months.
- Ensure monitoring and tidying of Service Users drawers and wardrobes daily.