Senior CarerApply now
Nestled in the Kent countryside is Ashurst Park Care Home, a peaceful facility with landscaped gardens, a wide variety of activities and amenities.
We are looking for a senior carer to join our team!
Job purpose: To plan, implement and supervise the provision of quality care, in conjunction with Service Users. To ensure Service Users retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general activities of the Care Centre. To maintain a safe and secure environment for Service Users, Staff Members and Visitors.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Confident team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Previous experience of working with the relevant Service User group
- NVQ Level 2 in Care
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience/Qualification in the Safe Handling of Medicines
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting and assisting Service Users when required with all aspects of daily living.
- Support training and supervision of junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Centre, under the supervision of senior Staff Members
- Complete, observe and review care planning needs for Service Users and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Service Users and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Centre
- Answer Nurse Call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly
- Report on well-being of Service Users and liaise with GP’s and other external professionals
- Carry out regular checks on Service Users at intervals determined by senior Staff Members
- Clean and maintain equipment used by Service Users and Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensure the Care Centre is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy
- Assist Service Users who need help during meal times, be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc. Assist with servicing of food/drinks as requested/required. Wash up as requested/required.
- Escort Service Users travelling to and from the Care Centre e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Service Users personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Service Users
- As appropriate dispense medication and ensure correct recording of all relevant information relating to medication